So Wednesday was Bailey's big surgery - and I am sure glad it is over! For those of you that don't know, she had a clogged tear duct that constantly created yucky goop (which often times glued her left eye shut after naps - hence the nickname "pirate") Apparently, many babies have this issue, but it usually goes away on its own (like it did for Kennedy)

Now, I had supposed that the tear duct was the little pink guy found in the corner of one's eye, but lo and behold it is down much further than that. So seeing as it is down in the nasal cavity, she needed surgery. She could not eat after midnight, and her surgery was not until noon. Needless to say, I did not sleep at all the night before. I keep dreaming that she found a Cheerio in her crib!!!




7 comments:
Im so glad it went ok! be grateful she wasn't older, it would've been worse! We need to get together again soon- And are we up for VEGAS for Graduation!??!?!?
I've been thinking about you guys, wondering how everything went. I'm so happy to hear that all is well. She's a little doll!
Awhhh, poor little baby!!! I'm glad she's good. Yeah, it sounds like she's a tough cookie, and Ma and Pa are the wimps :). I think that's how it usually is though. But that's good that everything went smoothly!
Awhhh, poor little baby!!! I'm glad she's good. Yeah, it sounds like she's a tough cookie, and Ma and Pa are the wimps :). I think that's how it usually is though. But that's good that everything went smoothly!
my bad. i clicked it twice!
Britni--Brody has the same problem. It seems like it may have gotten a little better but he gets the same goopy, closed eye after naps sometimes. How long do they give them for it to clear up on their own before they do surgery? I'm so glad she did well though! I'm sure that was tough on you guys!
Yeah, no more worrying about the eye. I'm glad the parents survived!
Post a Comment