Wednesday, February 27, 2008
An only child... what's that?
Many of you might assume that I get the concept of an only child... because, in fact, I was one. That's right, I had three beautiful years to myself.... WRONG! I don't get it because I don't remember. Then twenty-four years latter, the twins were born. I think of them as a package deal. They are always together and therefore I am always on my guard... looking one way for Bailey and the other way for Kennedy. But, tonight was a little different. I made plans to go out with my friend Amy for dinner and Jer said he could watch the girls. But that was an Indian-given promise (how un-politically correct is that?), and he told me this afternoon that he had mutual tonight. So we made a deal, he picks one baby, and I'll pick one and we will go our separate ways. So Bailey and I trotted off to dinner while Kennedy apparently played video games with a bunch of teenage boys. It was soooooo strange only having one baby to look after!!! While it was nice to have some one on one time with my little Beans, it also made me miss her other half. It is kinda of weird that we will never have the experience of having an only child. But, it's a good weird... i think =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
That is crazy to think that you never had one to start with it was instantly two. I am sure it is hard but I would love to get twins like you guys did!
Umm, Aup and Mark, wherever you are, please invite me to your blog or whatever you have to do so I can see you guys! -Stacia
And yeah gina, that is weird to think about. I don't know how you do it all with two. I guess you just...do it. But I'm sure its hard.
Making the transition from 0-1 kid was much easier than the transition from 1-2! Be grateful that you didn't have to go through that. One kid was so easy, and throwing another one is the mix just complicates everything. It would've happened to you guys eventually. Josh and I split a lot. It is great for one on one time. I think it is a good way to keep sane too, without having to totally go broke with a babysitter.
Post a Comment